Courses and Camps for children 2-16 years old.
Starting from October 5th. No registration fee. 20 euros/month for members and 25 euros/month
for non-members (regueifa 10 euros/month). Registrations should be completed at
https://sementecompostela.com/matricula-cursos before September 27.
Due to the situation we are experiencing, it will be required at all courses:
- Use of mask at all times, both inside and outside.
- Hand and shoe disinfection with hydroalcoholic solution and sanitizing carpet (both available at the premises).
- Differentiated footwear for the courses that take place inside.
- Adults will not be allowed inside the premises and will be required to leave the children at the entrance.
- It is not allowed to eat inside the premises.
- Children will be required to take their own water bottle.
- Restrooms are not to be used.
- Students suffering from any symptom compatible with Covid-19 will not be allowed to attend.
- If a student tests positive for Covid-19, please let us know.
Semente undertakes to:
- Disinfect and ventilate between activities.
- Should any materials be required, they will be intended for individual use and previously disinfected.
- Guarantee the ratios required by the protocol.
In this course the children will learn traditional dance in a playful way, generating new choreographic forms adapted to the possibilities of the group according to their age, and without deforming their original style. For this, we will work on the different melodies, rhythms and choreographies of Galician music with a gender perspective, body expression or spatial orientation about one’s own body and those of others. The dance, the movement and the gesture will be used as resources to express and communicate emotions, simple messages and as a form of social relationship. Furthermore, in this course, dancing will be the pretext to work on some aspects of the different areas of the curriculum: mathematics, languages, knowledge, social and natural sciences and artistic education.
Claudia Fidalgo, tourist and socio-cultural animator and traditional ballet dancer.
At Gentalha do Pichel, 21 Santa Clara street in Compostela. Minimum number of participants: 10, and maximum: 12.
- Mondays from 4:00 p.m. to 4:50 p.m. for children of group 1 (born in 2016-17).
- Tuesdays from 4:00 p.m. to 4:50 p.m. for children of group 2 (born in 2015).
- Tuesdays from 5:00 p.m. to 5:50 p.m. for children of3 group 3 (born in 2013-14)
- Wednesdays from 5:30pm to 6:30pm for children of group 4 (born in 2012 and previous years)
In this course the children will have contact with the basic concepts of the main rhythms of traditional Galician music. We will work with hands and voices, exploring the possibilities of making music with our main body instrument, accompanying it with the sound of leather and rusks. All this always from a gender perspective, respecting the times and spaces of each child and working the social aspects of the group.
Claudia Fidalgo, tourist and socio-cultural animator and traditional ballet dancer.
At Semente Cancelas, 3 Do Céu street in Compostela. Minimum number of participants: 10, and maximum: 12.
- Mondays from 5:45pm to 6:30pm for children from 4 years old.
Regueifa - Oral Improvisation in verse
A course to play making improvised poetry and much more!
Discover the joy of singing, acquire communication skills, learn to speak in public, improve self-esteem and personal safety, build individual and collective identity, develop a look at the world.
Séchu Sende, Regueifa teacher and oral improvisation in verse, writer, flea tamer. With the collaboration of Alba María, reguifeira.
In Gentalha do Pichel, 21 Santa Clara Street in Compostela. 10 euros/month. Maximum number of participants: 10.
- Wednesdays from 4:50pm to 5:20pm for children born in 2012-2017.
Group of 5 to 7 years
Gaelic Football since its foundation is a sport associated with values of respect both among companions and with the referee. In this group we will adjust the first steps in Gaelic football to the age of the group, so we will work mainly with games related to psychomotricity so that little by little children develop their physical capacity. The training will also support the initiation of the girls in the team: to understand the values of friendship, companionship, effort… These values will be conveyed by means of fun games.
Groups from 8 onwards
Gaelic football since its foundation is a sport associated with values of respect both among companions and with the referee. In this group the understanding of the team is stronger than in younger children. At this age the children have greater ability to assimilate knowledge related to Gaelic football, so, we will start with the basic techniques. There will be no contact, as we will be using the version adapted by GAA for children of this age, emphasizing the values of team and respect. The game will be more dynamic game than in the adult categories. We will also teach children a correct development of physical activity.
Antón Calvo Laya, player in the Gallaecia League and member of the Gaelic Swede Football Team FG.
Place pending confirmation.
Minimum number of participants: 6, and maximum: 15.
- Thursdays from 5 pm to 6 pm for children of the Gaelic Soccer 1 group (born 2013-2015)
- Thursdays from 6 pm to 7 pm for children of the Gaelic Soccer 2 group (born 2009-2012)
- Thursdays from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm for children of the Gaelic Soccer 3 group (born from 2005-2008)
Art and English
Learning English as a second language by carrying out artistic projects.
This is a space where children develop their creative and communicative skills in English with the help of arts, music and theater. In this context of relaxation, play and constant discovery, children will have the opportunity to paint, sing, dance, model and make theater and puppet theatre in English. Instructions will be given in English.
Regarding the art projects, we will focus on the idea of process, understood as a continuous action: search, experiment, prove, make mistakes. We intend to leave behind stereotypes and the practice of getting a final product with a single right result. By focusing more on the process, we will enhance the diversity of results. In the process of making themselves, the artistic experiences of expressive discovery stimulate the growth of the inner gaze and affirm the child in its particularity.
Mirari Urruzola, member of the Teatro Babaluva company. She produces puppet shows for children and works both in the construction of puppets and scenery and as actress-manipulator. As a teacher, she performs a wide variety of Arts workshops directed to babies, children, families and educators.
At Semente Cancelas, Rua do Céu no 3 in Compostela. Minimum number of participants: 8, and maximum: 10.
- Thursdays from 6pm to 7pm for children 4 to 10 years old.
Summary per day:
- Dance 1 (born 2016-17): 16h00-16h50. Gentalha do Pichel.
- Tambourine (+4 years): 5:45 pm-18:30 pm. Semente Cancelas
- Dance 2 (born 2015): 16h00-16h50. Gentalha do Pichel.
- Dance 3 (born 2013-14): 17h00-17h50. Gentalha do Pichel
- Regueifa (born 2012-17): 16h50-17h20. Gentalha do Pichel.
- Dance 4 (born in 2012 and earlier): 5:30pm – 6:20pm. Gentalha do Pichel.
- Gaelic Soccer 1 (born 2013-15): 17h00-18h00. Place pending confirmation.
- Gaelic soccer 2 (born 2009-12): 18h00-19h00. Place pending confirmation.
- Gaelic Football 3 (born 2005-08) 19h00-20h00. Place pending confirmation.
- Art and English (4-10 years old): 6 pm-19 pm. Semente Cancelas.
Summer Camps 2020.
Registrations for this year’s summer camp are now open.
IMPORTANT: REGISTRATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED USING THE FOLLOWING FORM. PLACES WILL BE ASSINGED IN STRICT ORDER.
Because of the covid-19 the timetable this year will be shorter than usual, from 9am to 2pm and lunches will not be served. When the attedance is confirmed, the following protocol will be sent to the school and families
who want their children to attend the camp.
June 29th – July 3rd – July 6th – July 10th – July 13- July 17 – July 20 – July 24 – July 27 – July 31 – August 3rd – August 7th – August 10th – August 14th – August 17 – August 21
1 week: 75 euros (50 euros for students, employees and unemployed)
2 weeks: 135 euros (90 euros students, employees and unemployed)
3 weeks: 195 euros (130 euros for students, employees and unemployed)
4 weeks: 250 euros (170 euros for students, employees and unemployed)
5 weeks: 305 euros (210 euros for students, employees and unemployed)
6 weeks: 345 euros (250 euros for students, employees and unemployed)
7 weeks: 385 euros (290 euros for students, employees and unemployed)
8 weeks: EUR 425 (EUR 330 students, employees and unemployed)